The Midwest is a big area to cover. Some people consider the Midwest to include the western sides of Tornado Valley’s states all the way to Ohio. Others assume Michigan, Indiana, down to Iowa and up through the Dakotas. No matte what way you look at it, the Midwest is a region of heavy traffic for semi trucks, heavy loaded transportation vehicles, and transportation in general. Below are transportation services that can be found in the Midwest.
• Vehicle transportation: shoppers are buying cars off eBay, Craigslist, and other online sites. No longer is it just visiting the dealership down the road.
• Truck repair: semis are just as likely as any other vehicle to break down on the road. Be prepared with a number in hand during these times.
• Towing: heavy duty towing is for extreme recoveries, and standard recoveries for a wide range of vehicles, from medium duty trucks to class 8 nj trucking service.
• Transportation: heavy equipment needs an outlet for transportation too. Transportation services may be necessary for specialized equipment, vans, landoll sliding axle, single drop, heated covered wagons, etc.
• 24 hour service: truck drivers have long hours and make the biggest strides at night. It is important to be aware of the 24 hour trucking and towing services available in a given area.
Did you know… Semi drivers drive about 140 billion miles a year.
• 86% of consumer goods are delivered by semis, ~60,000 pounds per year
• A single semi averages 45,000 miles a year
• Long distance trucks are closer to 100,000 miles a year according to the Federal Highway Administration
• Heavy duty trucks make up 15% of commercial trucks
• Comprise 42% of all travel miles by commercial trucks
• In the U.S., a semi trailer can have 80,000 pounds over 18-wheels, compared to Australia that allows four trailers and weight of 300,000 pounds
• It wasn’t until 1997 that antilock brakes were required on semi trucks.
Semi trucks and heavy duty transportation comprises a lot of economical and commercial substance. Consumer’s need their goods and semis are the way to get them. It is important that they don’t break down or need a repair. However ideal, it a repair, like a blown tire or needing a jump, is bound to happen at one point or another. Therefore, 24 hour service is nice. Be aware of truck drivers and truck drivers be aware of Midwest semi truck services. There’s plenty to go around.